Time Remaining To View This Month's Dare
Be sure to bookmark this page so you can come back to it throughout this month
This Month's Dare
This month’s Dare comes from Alne. Alne and her husband are marriage counselors, and she herself runs a Facebook page called, Wives Encouraging Wives. She wanted to share this Dare that is inexpensive, simple, and loads of fun!
1. Go to your local library and borrow a book (poetry or romantic sayings/stories or something that you both will enjoy reading together) and also a fun DVD. Creatively wrap and label it similar to the picture above. (Buy the book and DVD if you think you want to keep the items.)
Book suggestions: Sonnets from the Portuguese by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, a collection of Shakespeare’s sonnets, Songs and Sonnets by John Donne, My Dearest Friend: Letters of Abigail and John Adams, Love Letters of Great Men and Women: From the Eighteenth Century to the Present Day by C.H. Charles
Movie suggestions: When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, Shakespeare in Love, While You Were Sleeping, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Enchanted, Say Anything, You’ve Got Mail, Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany’s
2. Purchase candy/fruit/yummies that you both like and place it inside a decorative holder.
3. Purchase a candle (the Dollar Store is great!) and place it inside a fun holder.
4. Put all the above on top of an article of sexy lingerie where your husband won’t miss it! (Note the creative use of red lingerie as decoration in the photo above.)
5. Invite your husband.
6. Light the candle; have your husband open the wrapped items (while you slip into your sexy lingerie); read some parts of the book together while nibbling at the treats; cuddle and watch the DVD.
7. Whatever happens next is up to you!
P.S. If you have littles/bigs, plan ahead (put them to bed early, send to grandma/grandpa’s house, swap with friends, etc.) to make sure that you have plenty of privacy and no interruption!
To add to the romantic mood, we’ve created a Spotify playlist called Sexy Movie Soundtracks to play as you bring your husband into the room for the Dare. Just click on the green Spotify link, and you’ll be taken to the Healthy Relationships Rx Spotify page.
Now, dear wives, get out there and enjoy that husband of yours that God gave you!
Send us a funny or sweet story to email@example.com about doing the August Dare and you might win a prize if we include your story in a subsequent newsletter!
Dare of the Month Spotify Playlist
We’ve created a Spotify page hosting a variety of playlists for you to enjoy with your husband, your kids, your friends, or just by yourself. Click the link below to enjoy:
Deck of Dares